Saturday, December 3, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
- A large box contains 18 small boxes and each small box contains 25 chocolate bars. How many chocolate bars are in the large box?
- It takes John 25 minutes to walk to the car park and 45 to drive to work. At what time should he get out of the house in order to get to work at 9:00 a.m.?
- Kim can walk 4 kilometers in one hour. How long does it take Kim to walk 18 kilometers?
- A factory produced 2300 TV sets in its first year of production. 4500 sets were produced in its second year and 500 more sets were produced in its third year than in its second year. How many TV sets were produced in three years?
- Linda bought 3 notebooks at $1.20 each; a box of pencils at $1.50 and a box of pens at $1.70. How much did Linda spend?
- Tom and Bob have a total of 49 toys. If Bob have 5 more toys than Tom, how many toys does each one have?
- John can eat a quarter of a pizza in one minute. How long does it take John to eat one pizza and a half?
- John can eat a sixth of a pizza in two minutes. It takes 3 minutes for Billy to eat one quarter of the same pizza. If John and Billy start eating one pizza each, who will finish first?
- John read the quarter of the time that Tom read. Tom read only two-fifth of the time that Sasha read. Sasha read twice as long as Mike. If Mike read 5 hours, how long did John read?
- Jim, Carla and Tomy are members of the same family. Carla is 5 years older than Jim. Tomy is 6 years older than Carla. The sum of their three ages is 31 years. How old is each one them?
- Mel had $35 and withdraw some more money from his bank account. He bought a pair of trousers at $34.00, two shirts at $16.00 each and 2 pairs of shoes at $24.00 each. After the shopping, he had $32.00 left. How much money did Mel withdraw from the bank?
- How many minutes are in one week?
- In Tim's house, a rectangular swimming pool (blue) whose length 30 meters and width 10 meters is surounded by grass (green). The pool with the grassy area make a large rectangle whose length is 50 meters and width 20 meters. What area is occupied by the grass?
- Mary wants to make a box. She starts with a piece of cardboard whose length is 15 centimeters and with is 10 centimeters. Then she cuts congruent squares with side of 3 centimeters at the four corners. What is the area of the cardboard after she cuts the 4 corners?
- A painter charges $ 225 for materials and $ 35 per hour for labour. The total cost of painting an office is $ 330. How many hours did it take the painter to paint the office?
- Three toy cars and 4 toy trains cost $18. Two toy cars and 3 toy trains cost $13. What is the price of one toy car and the price of one toy train?